Thomas Schrack joined McQuaide Blasko in 2008 after several years of practicing in Philadelphia and Scranton. Tom focuses his practice primarily in the area of business law, as he serves as outside general counsel for a number of both for-profit and non-profit entities, including medical practices and other professional practices. Tom routinely advises clients on legal matters confronting for-profit and non-profit entities, including formation, day-to-day operational matters, contracting matters, and larger transactions such as sales, acquisitions, and fundamental change transactions. He also handles real estate matters for these entities and other clients, including leasing, sales and acquisitions, and financing transactions. With a Master of Laws in Taxation, he also is equipped to assist his clients with tax-related legal issues.
A large part of Mr. Schrack’s practice involves the representation of municipalities and municipal authorities. As part of this practice, he routinely advises his clients on operational and governance issues, Sunshine Act and Right to Know matters, contracting and procurement issues, and financing.
Representative examples of Mr. Schrack’s engagements include serving as:
- Transaction counsel for the $15+ million sale of a clinic by a large medical practice
- Transaction counsel for $7 million sale of medical practice
- Transaction/borrower’s counsel for the development, construction, and operation of a $30 million continuing-care retirement community
- Solicitor for SEDA-COG Joint Rail Authority, a municipal authority that preserves the railroads in Central Pennsylvania and promotes economic development through the use of rail
- Solicitor for Bellefonte Borough Authority, a municipal authority which operates the public water and sewer system in the Bellefonte area