McQuaide Blasko’s Labor and Employment Law Practice Group has experience representing clients ranging from individual employees to small businesses to large employers with thousands of employees. We have helped clients on a variety of matters, including:
- Discrimination claims under Title VII (race, color, national origin, sex, and religion), ADA (disability), ADEA (age), USERRA (military veterans), and the PHRA (Pennsylvania state-law claims);
- Retaliation claims;
- ADA disability accommodation claims;
- Family and Medical Leave Act retaliation and interference;
- Wage and hour claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Wage Payment and Collection Law (WPCL);
- Whistleblower claims;
- Constitutional law claims, including free speech and Fourteenth Amendment issues;
- Premises liability and contract claims; and
- Private arbitrations and mediation
- Drafting and updating employee handbooks;
- COBRA and health insurance issues;
- Wage and hour compliance under the FLSA and WPCL, including classification of employees vs. independent contractors, and exempt vs. non-exempt;
- Social media policy and compliance issues;
- Representation in administrative investigations and audits; and
- Compliance with any of the federal and state laws identified above.
- Eligibility disputes based on termination for “willful misconduct,” availability for work, voluntary resignation, and more – including Referee hearings, Unemployment Compensation Board of Review (UCBR) appeals, and Commonwealth Court/Supreme Court appeals;
- Requests for relief from charges; and
- UC tax assessment appeals.
- Drafting employment agreements and separation agreements;
- Contract litigation; and
- Non-compete issues, including compliance, drafting, and litigation.
- Organization campaigns;
- Collective bargaining;
- Grievance arbitrations;
- Employee disciplinary issues;
- Unfair labor practice charges; and
- Compliance with the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) and Public Employee Relations Act (PERA).
- Consultation regarding all aspects of workers compensation matters;
- Representation at all levels of litigation from initial hearings before administrative law judges to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court; and
- Representation of employers and insurers throughout the Commonwealth.
Labor and Employment Law Attorneys